LI Wenwei （李文卫）
Department of Applied Chemistry
School of Chemistry and Materials Science
University of Science and Technology of China
Hefei, Anhui 230026, P. R. China
1) Microbial conversion and valorization of pollutants
2) Novel nanomaterials for water pollution control and resource recovery
2008: Ph.D. (Environmental Science), Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
2005: M.S. (Environmental Engineering), Hunan University, China.
2002: B.S (Environmental Engineering), Hunan University, China.
2016– Present: Professor, Department of Applied Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China.
2008– 2015: Associate Professor/ Postdoc, Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China.
2015-Present: Associate Editor, Chemical Engineering Journal
2019-2020: Guest Editor, Current Opinion in Chemical Biology
2016-Present: Editorial Board Member, Environmental Chemistry (Chinese)
2015-2019: Editorial Board Member, Scientific Reports
2015-Present: Management Committee Member of Specialist Group “Assessment and Control of Hazardous Substances in Water” (ACHSW), International Water Association (IWA)
HONORS AND AWARDS
2015: Chang Jiang Scholars of Ministry of Education of China
2015: Excellent Young Scholar, National Natural Science Foundation of China
2014: ProSPER.Net-Scopus Young Scientist Award (Waste Category, issued by ProSPER.Net and Elsevier Publishing Group).
2016: Young Scientist Award, Chinese Society for Environmental Sciences.
LIST OF SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
(# Joint first author, * Correspondence author)
(1) WW Li, HQ Yu*, BE Rittmann*. Reuse water pollutants. Nature, 2015, 528: 29-31
(2) R Lu#, WW Li#, B Mizaikoff*, A Katzir, Y Raichlin, GP Sheng, HQ Yu*. High-sensitivity infrared attenuated total reflectance sensors for in-situ multi-component detection of volatile organic compounds. Nature Protocols, 2016， 11(2): 377-386.
(3) SJ Yuan#, WW Li#, YY Cheng, H He, JJ Chen, ZH Tong, ZQ Lin, F Zhang, GP Sheng*, HQ Yu*. A plate-based electrochromic approach for the high-throughput detection of electrochemically active bacteria. Nature Protocols. 2014, 9(1): 112-119
(4) LJ Tian, WW Li*, TT Zhu, JJ Chen, WK Wang, PF An, L Zhang, JC Dong, Y Guan, DF Liu, NQ Zhou, G Liu, YC Tian, HQ Yu*. Directed bio-fabrication of nanoparticles through regulating extracellular electron transfer. The Journal of American Chemical Society, 2017, 139: 12149-12152
(5) XW Liu, WW Li*, HQ Yu. Cathodic catalysts in bioelectrochemical systems for energy recovery from wastewater. Chemical Society Reviews, 2014, 43: 7718-7745.
(6) WW Li, HQ Yu*, Z He*. Towards sustainable wastewater treatment technologies by using microbial fuel cells–centred technologies. Energy & Environmental Science, 2014, 7 (3): 911-924.
(7) J Wu, ZH Cheng, D Min, L Cheng, RL He, DF Liu*, WW Li*. CRISPRi System as an Efficient, Simple Platform for Rapid Identification of Genes Involved in Pollutant Transformation by Aeromonas hydrophila. Environmental Science Technology, 2020, 54, 6: 3306-3315
(8) LL Li, YH Cui, LY Lu, YL Liu, CJ Zhu, LJ Tian, WW Li*, X Zhang, H Cheng, JY Ma, J Chu, ZH Tong, HQ Yu*. Selenium stimulates cadmium detoxification in Caenorhabditis elegans through thiols-mediated nanoparticles formation and secretion. Environmental Science Technology 2019, 53 (5): 2344–2352
(9) WW Li, HQ Yu*. Utilization of microbe-derived electricity for practical application. Environmental Science & Technology, 2014, 48 (1): 17-18.
(10) FF Yan, YR He, C Wu, YY Cheng*, WW Li*, HQ Yu. Carbon nanotubes alter the electron flow route and enhance nitrobenzene reduction by Shewanella oneidensis MR‑1. Environmental Science & Technology Letters, 2014, 1 (1): 128–132.
(11) LJ Tian, Y Min, WW Li*, JJ Chen*, NQ Zhou, TT Zhu, DB Li, JY Ma, PF An, LR Zheng, H Huang, YZ Liu, HQ Yu. Substrate metabolism-driven assembly of high-quality CdSxSe1–x quantum dots in Escherichia coli: molecular mechanisms and bioimaging application. ACS Nano 2019, 13: 5841−5851
(12) LJ Tian, WW Li*, TT Zhu, GH Zhao, XW Liu, JC Dong, PF An, JY Ma, F Shen, C Qian, B Hu, HQ Yu. Acid-stimulated bioassembly of high-performance quantum dots in Escherichia coli. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2019, 7: 18480-18487
II. Book Chapters
(1) M Gao, JY Lu, WW Li*. Oxygen reduction reaction electrocatalysts for microbial fuel cells. In: Novel Catalyst Materials for Bioelectrochemical Systems: Fundamentals and Applications. ACS Symposium Series; ACS Publications, 2020.
(2) WW Li, HQ Yu. Microbial electrochemical production of energy and value-added chemicals from agri-food wastewater. In: Food Industry Wastes- Assessment and Recuperation of Commodities (2e) Academic Press (Elsevier) 2020
(3) R Sekar, B Ramalingam, Y Deng, QL Feng, WW Li. Removal of Pharmaceuticals from Wastewater by Membrane and Biofilm Reactors. In: Microbial Biofilms in Bioremediation and Wastewater Treatment. CRC Press, 2020
(4) WW Li, GP Sheng, HQ Yu. Electricity generation from food industry wastewater using the MFC technology. In: Food Industry Wastes: Assessment and Recuperation of Commodities. Academic Press; London; 2012.
(5) WW Li, GP Sheng. Microbial fuel cells in power generation and extended applications. In: Bai FW, Liu CG, Huang H, Tsao GT, editors. Biotechnology in China III: Biofuels and Bioenergy: Springer Berlin; 2012.
(6) WW Li, HQ Yu. Biohydrogen production with high-rate bioreactors. In: Biofuels: Alternative Feedstocks and Conversion Processes. Academic Press, London; 2011